Requires:Wordpress 3.0 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.3.1
Current Version: 1.0.3
Last Updated: April 19, 2012
Review the Readme.txt file for instructions & information.
Kills spam-bots, leaves humans standing.
No CAPTCHAS, no math questions, no passwords, just spam blocking that stops spam-bots dead in their tracks.
Since the vast majority of Wordpress spam is automated in nature, the goal of BotBlocker is to impede comment spam bots and not hinder users. This is accomplished through the use of honeypot technology, which tricks the spam-bot into identifying itself by performing actions that a human could not.
BotBlocker's features include:
- Works out of the box
- Automatically stops spam-bots from commenting
- Zero hindrance to users: no CAPTCHAS, math questions, passwords or extra input required
- Zero false positives, ignores registered users
- Can be configured to completely block spam-bots or flag comments as spam
- Spam detection messages can be easily adjusted
- Hooks into `wp-comments-post.php` to prevent spam-bots from directly submitting spam comments
- Should work fine with most customized comment forms
- No API keys required
- Upload the `botblocker` folder in the zip file to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- BotBlocker is installed and working!
- Additional configuration can be performed by clicking on 'Settings' in the 'Plugins' screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will BotBlocker conflict with my comment form customizations?
BotBlocker should not interfere with your form customizations, whether you have added fields or removed them. Barring extensive customizations to the core of the comment system, there should be no issues.
Will BotBlocker conflict with my other comment or spam plugins?
BotBlocker works by hooking into Wordpress's comment system and should play OK with most plugins, however there is no guarantee.
Plugin by Lform Design, a web design company in New Jersey.